Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Did you know that water heaters are the second biggest energy consumers among your household appliances? Consequently, they can cost you hundreds of dollars every year, and with electricity prices increasing steadily, this figure only goes up. The problem with traditional water heaters with tanks is that they are not energy-efficient enough. They waste a lot of energy because they need to keep the water hot even when you are not using it. Tankless water heaters are an eco-friendly generation of plumbing installations. Tankless water heaters are somewhat novel in the States, but they have long been used in Europe and Japan. The basic idea is to heat water only when you need it and in that way reduce energy waste. How does it work? Upon turning on the faucet, water enters the system and activates the detection sensor. This ignites the burner and the water flows through the heat exchanger, acquiring the set temperature. When the faucet is turned off, the system is off as well. What are the benefits? The advantages of a tankless propane water heater hold over a tank heater are various. Here are some of them:
- An endless flow of hot water – No more cold showers in the morning because inconsiderate family members used up all the water. The system heats the water exactly when you need it so you cannot run out of hot water. On the other hand, an empty tank water heater may need more than an hour to refill.
- More hot water is available – With tankless heaters there is more hot water, so more appliances can be turned on, such as the dishwasher, shower, and the washing machine. You can also relax and fully enjoy your Jacuzzi – finally.
- Tankless propane heaters are durable – These heaters commonly have warranties that last up to 15 years. This usually means they will last for at least 20. Tank heaters have much shorter warranties – two or three tank heaters could be replaced in the lifetime of one tankless propane water heater.
- Eco-friendly – The majority of tankless propane water heaters are made of recyclable materials, whereas the traditional ones are not.
- Money used for better purposes – When you heat water only when you need it, you save money. Tankless unit only uses gas when you are using hot water. That can reduce your costs by up to 30 percent a year. There are surely better ways to spend money than on high utility bills.
- Saves space – Tankless propane units can be placed anywhere in your home, either inside or outside (that depends on certain factors). The space you get free in the bathroom can be used for smart storage or you can simply enjoy the bonus space.
- Clean water – In traditional heaters, rust and scale are a common occurrence inside the tank, because of all that hot water that is being kept. Tankless propane heaters eliminate rust and scale, so the water you use is much more pleasant.