Energy-efficient plumbing fixtures and fittingsOne of the most visible trends is the popularity of energy and water-saving plumbing fixtures and fittings. In California, the tendency to save water has a major influence on the demand for products. Kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects are the most common, since the whole plumbing structure and layout often have to change for maximum effect. Designers are backed up by a host of environmental regulations put forward by the government. Consequently, the market is on the rise. There are a couple of technologies and products that have been in high demand and will reportedly stay so:
- Greywater recycling system recycles the water used in sinks, dishwashers, washbasins and showers and pumps it into the toilet or washing machine. This technology can reduce water usage by as much as 50%, which is especially interesting for California residents.
- WaterSense-labeled products, ranging from toilets, showerheads and faucets to accessories. They are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and will continue to rank highly on the plumbing fixture and fitting market.
- Tankless water heaters gained popularity because they are both eco-friendly and provide more hot water. They are initially more expensive, but are a great return on your investment.
- Aerators became an absolute must when it comes to faucets. An aerator adjusts the water flow by mixing water with air, which means no surplus water is wasted.
- Adjustable sprinkles that can be adapted according to the weather forecast.
- Dishwashers with sensors which detect how dirty your dishes are, which means – no need for pre-rinsing! These modern dishwashers save you time, money and water. Keep up with the technological updates, so you know how to use them properly.