Pipe Relining in Poway
Advantages of Pipe Relining
Just like homes have evolved over time, the way homebuilders construct sewer pipes has undergone many changes in the past thirty years. Up until 1980, clay pipes were the norm. Not only is clay cost-effective, but it is environmentally friendly and reliable. After 1980, most homes were built with polyvinyl chloride pipes, which were designed to last over a hundred years. However, life doesn’t always go as planned, and this is true for the longevity of our pipes as well.
If you have been having issues with your pipes, or they are around 40 years old, it’s probably time to get them inspected. If you have noticed any of the following problems in your home, your pipes are likely damaged and will need to be relined:
- Persistent clogs in drains, showers, and toilets
- Foul odors being emitted from drains
- Low water pressure
- Unusually high water bill
- Water leaking around foundation
- Rusty, brown pours form your faucets
- Frequent water or sewage backup
- A tree near the pipe that could damage it with its roots
- Excessive gurgling toilet noises
- Sludge in the bathtub
Pipe relining is also called Cured In-Place Pipelining (CIPP). When we reline your pipes, our goal is to repair the pipes from the inside out. In order to accomplish this, we use a special resin that cures with time and strengthens the pipe. This works because we utilize a resin-saturated felt tube from a material like polyester or fiberglass and insert it into the damaged pipe. Specifically, the steps of pipe relining include:
- We closely check and inspect the pipes to gauge the level of damage using forced electron leak location (FELL) equipment.
- We clean the blocked pipes and use high pressure water to create an ideal surface for the resin.
- We closely examine the pipes again to make sure they are in an ideal state to be relined.
- We measure the length of the lining and the extent of the damage.
- We saturate the pipe with epoxy resin.
- We begin the curing process and use UV radiation to allow the cured lining to harden.
- We cut the junctions and inspection pits. This is the part of the pipe that distributes the flow.
- We then assure that the pipes are functioning correctly and complete the final steps of examination.
To have your pipes examined or schedule a pipe relining in Poway, call us at (858) 242-4590 or contact us online.
Many thanks- James D.
Highly Recommend This Company- Eleanor M.
You Can Trust This Company- Stuart J.
The Best Deal- Sharlene H.
Highly Recommend- Johanna C.
Focused on Customer Service
We strive to put a smile on every customers' face and provide 5 star service.
24/7 Emergency Services
We know that emergencies happen which is why we are available when you need us.
We provide a boutique, personalized experience to every customer.
Utilize Advanced Technology
We use the latest systems and technology to make every job run smoothly.
We have a good reputation for being available and reliable.
We have been serving San Diego since 1984, with quality plumbing services.