Running Water From a FaucetPlumbing Fixtures and Fittings Future Market With rapid advancements in technology in general, an average American household cannot be imagined by cutting-edge technology. Homeowners now strive to build a smarter, healthier and cozier home but also save water and energy. All of these factors have been influencing the plumbing market so far and the demand for plumbing fixtures and fittings is forecast to rise 6.3 per cent annually until 2019. Take a look at the most prominent trends concerning plumbing fixtures and fittings.
Energy-efficient plumbing fixtures and fittings
One of the most visible trends is the popularity of energy and water-saving plumbing fixtures and fittings. In California, the tendency to save water has a major influence on the demand for products. Kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects are the most common, since the whole plumbing structure and layout often have to change for maximum effect. Designers are backed up by a host of environmental regulations put forward by the government. Consequently, the market is on the rise. There are a couple of technologies and products that have been in high demand and will reportedly stay so:
- Greywater recycling system recycles the water used in sinks, dishwashers, washbasins and showers and pumps it into the toilet or washing machine. This technology can reduce water usage by as much as 50%, which is especially interesting for California residents.
- WaterSense-labeled products, ranging from toilets, showerheads and faucets to accessories. They are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and will continue to rank highly on the plumbing fixture and fitting market.
- Tankless water heaters gained popularity because they are both eco-friendly and provide more hot water. They are initially more expensive, but are a great return on your investment.
- Aerators became an absolute must when it comes to faucets. An aerator adjusts the water flow by mixing water with air, which means no surplus water is wasted.
- Adjustable sprinkles that can be adapted according to the weather forecast.
- Dishwashers with sensors which detect how dirty your dishes are, which means – no need for pre-rinsing! These modern dishwashers save you time, money and water. Keep up with the technological updates, so you know how to use them properly.
Healthy plumbing fixtures and fittings
Even though energy-efficient plumbing fixtures and fittings are by definition healthier, some might argue against relatively options, such as the greywater recycling system. That in mind, many consumers would rather install a whole house water filtration system. It cleans the water straightaway, rather than recycle it, and is extremely versatile and reliable. Another trend is moving toward sensor-operated plumbing fixtures and fittings, among which touchless toilets have already made a boom. This technology is driven by the tendency not to touch any part that might be contaminated. It was mostly used in commercial purposes, in hotels, restaurants and public restrooms, but now it is widespread in the residential area.
Comfy plumbing fixtures and fittings
This is a burgeoning market that most Americans feel closest to heart. State-of-the-art plumbing fixture and fitting options not only save water and energy, but can also be fully customized. All this contributes to an enhanced sense of comfort and a better quality of life. For example, it s now possible to control water pressure and light digitally, even install live music systems in showers. Additional options include LED lights that can be installed in toilet bowls for nighttime use, and also in toilet sinks to indicate different water temperatures.
Build a modern home
If you want to make the best of your home renovation project, it is wise to start with improving the plumbing system. Plumbing Plus is here to talk you through the newest options on the market and help you make the best decision. You can choose from a variety of services we specialize in, and start building a modern home today!